Are you interested in…
Making a difference in a woman or child’s life?
Asssisting those less fortunate in our community?
Planning a Fundraising Event?
Meeting a group of dedicated women and making new friends?
If you answered YES, then the Joliet Junior Woman’s Club is for you!!
Works to promote the creative and performing arts and the role of women in the arts. Projects that fall under the Fine Arts committee include:
- Creating art through photography, painting, music, literature, poetry, drama and craft projects
- Supporting events at local museums
- Motivating youth to explore the arts
- Volunteering at local theaters
- Creating decorations for club projects and fundraisers
Works to promote literacy, continuing education, and the better understanding of learning disabilities. Education projects might include:
- Creating and maintaining a lending library at community organizations
- Awarding scholarships to college students
- Establishing volunteer reading programs at local schools
- Tutoring area students
The Hospitality Committee coordinates programs at general meetings and act as hostesses. Hospitality projects might include:
- Selecting venues for monthly meetings
- Facilitating new members and making them feel comfortable at meetings
establishes and implements environmental awareness programs. Conservation projects might include:
- Participating in spring and fall plantings at local community centers
- Collecting items to be reused and recycled
- Supporting neighborhood beautification and park preservation efforts
Focuses on women’s issues and family economics. It covers a compilation of programs from women and seniors to the homeless. Home Life projects might include:
- Providing clothing, food, and monetary donations to local shelters
- Hosting a self-defense seminar
- Collecting blankets to be distributed at local shelters
- Adopting a needy family
Public Issues & International Outreach
Works to heighten community awareness of such critical issues as violence prevention, community safety, citizen responsibilities and the importance of community partnerships. Projects might include:
- Participating in Take Back the Night
- Encouraging voter registration within the club and in the community
- Serving meals at local shelters
I was asked to join the ladies at Feed My Starving Children last year. I brought my then 13 year old daughter with me and it was such a wonderful experience to be a part of. I went to the paint and sip night at Will County Brewing this past summer and loved it! The...read more
I learned of JJWC through Kim Vogen, a friend from my church. After hearing about who they are and what they do for the community, I really felt like it was a great fit for me. I can honestly say that I was not wrong! My favorite event is Cause For Celebration and...read more
My mom was a Junior when I was a little girl. A few years ago my sister saw a meet and greet on Facebook so we decided to check it out. I like helping out in the community, and I love the friendships I have made. I always enjoy our Cause for Celebration, but one of my...read more