Are you interested in…
Making a difference in a woman or child’s life?
Assisting those less fortunate in our community?
Planning a fundraising event?
Meeting a group of dedicated women and making new friends?
If you answered YES, then the Joliet Junior Woman’s Club is for you!!
Being a Part of JJWC
Any woman with the desire to promote the objectives of the Club is eligible for membership. Yearly dues are $50 for general members and $55 for associate members.
Led by a chairperson, our members have the opportunity to participate in service projects in the following areas:
Fine Arts– works to promote the creative and performing arts and the role of women in the arts. Projects that fall under the Fine Arts committee include:
- Creating art through photography, painting, music, literature, poetry, drama and craft projects.
- Supporting events at local museums.
- Motivating youth to explore the arts.
- Volunteering at local theaters.
- Creating decorations for club projects and fundraisers.
Conservation-establishes and implements environmental awareness programs. Conservation projects might include:
- Participating in spring and fall plantings at local community centers.
- Collecting items to be reused and recycled.
- Supporting neighborhood beautification and park preservation efforts.
Education-works to promote literacy, continuing education, and the better understanding of learning disabilities. Education projects might include:
- Creating and maintaining a lending library at community organizations.
- Awarding scholarships to college students.
- Establishing volunteer reading programs at local schools.
- Tutoring area students.
Home Life-focuses on women’s issues and family economics. It covers a compilation of programs from women and seniors to the homeless. Home Life projects might include:
- Providing clothing, food, and monetary donations to local shelters.
- Hosting a self-defense seminar.
- Collecting blankets to be distributed at local shelters.
- Adopting a needy family.
- Organizing a garage sale for a fundraiser.
Public Issues & International Outreach-works to heighten community awareness of such critical issues as violence prevention, community safety, citizen responsibilities and the importance of community partnerships. Projects might include:
- Participating in Take Back the Night.
- Encouraging voter registration within the club and in the community.
- Serving meals at local shelters.