Are you interested in…
Making a difference in a woman or child’s life?
Asssisting those less fortunate in our community?
Planning a Fundraising Event?
Meeting a group of dedicated women and making new friends?
If you answered YES, then the Joliet Junior Woman’s Club is for you!!
Works to promote the creative and performing arts and the role of women in the arts. Projects that fall under the Fine Arts committee include:
- Creating art through photography, painting, music, literature, poetry, drama and craft projects
- Supporting events at local museums
- Motivating youth to explore the arts
- Volunteering at local theaters
- Creating decorations for club projects and fundraisers
Establishes and implements environmental awareness programs. Conservation projects might include:
- Participating in spring and fall plantings at local community centers
- Collecting items to be reused and recycled
- Supporting neighborhood beautification and park preservation efforts
Works to promote literacy, continuing education, and the better understanding of learning disabilities. Education projects might include:
- Creating and maintaining a lending library at community organizations
- Awarding scholarships to college students
- Establishing volunteer reading programs at local schools
- Tutoring area students
Focuses on women’s issues and family economics. It covers a compilation of programs from women and seniors to the homeless. Home Life projects might include:
- Providing clothing, food, and monetary donations to local shelters
- Hosting a self-defense seminar
- Collecting blankets to be distributed at local shelters
- Adopting a needy family
Public Issues & International Outreach
The Hospitality Committee coordinates programs at general meetings and act as hostesses. Hospitality projects might include:
- Selecting venues for monthly meetings
- Facilitating new members and making them feel comfortable at meetings
Works to heighten community awareness of such critical issues as violence prevention, community safety, citizen responsibilities and the importance of community partnerships. Projects might include:
- Participating in Take Back the Night
- Encouraging voter registration within the club and in the community
- Serving meals at local shelters
Member Spotlight: Tammie Terry
I learned of JJWC through Kim Vogen, a friend from my church. After hearing about who they are and what they do for the community, I really felt like it was a great fit for me. I can honestly say that I was not wrong! My favorite event is Cause For Celebration and...
Member Spotlight: Katrina Nolan
I used to work in communications for the Will County State’s Attorney’s Office and the Will County Children’s Advocacy Center. One day I was asked to take photos when JJWC stopped by to deliver the philanthropy check to the CAC. I thought it was so cool how our...
Member Spotlight: Kris Honiotes
I first learned about JJWC when I was looking for a way to help my community. I read the website and thought it sounded like a club that I would be interested in. I then learned that a coworker was a member, and that was all that I needed to attend my first meeting. I...