Are you interested in…
Making a difference in a woman or child’s life?
Asssisting those less fortunate in our community?
Planning a Fundraising Event?
Meeting a group of dedicated women and making new friends?
If you answered YES, then the Joliet Junior Woman’s Club is for you!!
Works to promote the creative and performing arts and the role of women in the arts. Projects that fall under the Fine Arts committee include:
- Creating art through photography, painting, music, literature, poetry, drama and craft projects
- Supporting events at local museums
- Motivating youth to explore the arts
- Volunteering at local theaters
- Creating decorations for club projects and fundraisers
Works to promote literacy, continuing education, and the better understanding of learning disabilities. Education projects might include:
- Creating and maintaining a lending library at community organizations
- Awarding scholarships to college students
- Establishing volunteer reading programs at local schools
- Tutoring area students
The Hospitality Committee coordinates programs at general meetings and act as hostesses. Hospitality projects might include:
- Selecting venues for monthly meetings
- Facilitating new members and making them feel comfortable at meetings
establishes and implements environmental awareness programs. Conservation projects might include:
- Participating in spring and fall plantings at local community centers
- Collecting items to be reused and recycled
- Supporting neighborhood beautification and park preservation efforts
Focuses on women’s issues and family economics. It covers a compilation of programs from women and seniors to the homeless. Home Life projects might include:
- Providing clothing, food, and monetary donations to local shelters
- Hosting a self-defense seminar
- Collecting blankets to be distributed at local shelters
- Adopting a needy family
Public Issues & International Outreach
Works to heighten community awareness of such critical issues as violence prevention, community safety, citizen responsibilities and the importance of community partnerships. Projects might include:
- Participating in Take Back the Night
- Encouraging voter registration within the club and in the community
- Serving meals at local shelters
At the GFWC IL Summer Seminar in Joliet in 2018. I was so impressed by the activities that Katrina Nolan accepted certificates for that the JJWC had done in the preceding year. It sounded like JJWC was a group of women who had fun while serving the community. As a new...read more
My friend was interested in joining, but didn't want to attend her first meeting alone. Everyone was super friendly and confident. They also seemed to be doing lots of great things for the community. Plus, I can be as involved as I want to be. The flexibility is ideal...read more
Another member, Chrissy Monaco I wanted to be of service to others and help my community. There’s been many, but the art therapy room I helped put together at Guardian Angel Home has a soft spot in my heart. Oh wow, every time an organization benefits from our service...read more