The Joliet Junior Woman’s Club Alisha and Ava Bromfield Memorial Community Scholarship honors a young woman who exemplifies volunteerism, strong character, and scholarship within her community.
- Demonstrate strong academic success with a minimum GPA equivalent of B or higher;
- Demonstrate significant volunteer contributions to her community;
- Demonstrate strong character;
- Be able to easily express her personal philosophy or purpose as to why it is important to volunteer;
- Be well-rounded;
- Be in the process of applying to or already accepted at an accredited two or four year college or university; and,
- Submit a brief essay and other materials as outlined below.
- Must attend one of the following high schools
- Joliet West or Central High School
- Joliet Catholic Academy
- Minooka High School
- Providence Catholic High School
- Applications and all materials must be postmarked no later than April 1st, 2023.
- Applicants may be required to participate in an interview process.
- Selection process will be completed and the recipient notified 1st week of May.
- Our recipient(s) will be formally invited to attend our JJWC Reciprocity Dinner May 25th, 2023
Materials to be provided to Scholarship Committee*
- letter of nomination/recommendation from teacher or guidance counselor
- one additional letter of recommendation from a teacher
- a personal letter from the applicant stating her future educational plans
- an official high school transcript including ACT or SAT scores
- an optional character reference letter
- a personal essay
Questions may be directed to Becky Swarthout, Scholarship Committee Chairwoman, or Bre McNally, Committee Co-Chairwoman via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Becky Swarthout can be reached at 414.534.5749 as well.
All applications and required materials must be postmarked no later than April 1st, 2023.
* All details can be found on the scholarship application. For more information on our organization or to download the 2023 Scholarship Application, please visit our website at www.jolietjuniors.org.