The Joliet Junior Woman’s Club Alisha and Ava Bromfield Memorial Community Scholarship honors a young woman who exemplifies volunteerism, strong character, and scholarship within her community.
- demonstrate strong academic success with a minimum GPA equivalent of B or higher;
- demonstrate significant volunteer contributions to her community;
- demonstrate strong character;
- be able to easily express her personal philosophy or purpose as to why it is important to volunteer;
- be well-rounded;
- be in the process of applying to or already accepted at an accredited two or four year college or university; and,
- submit a brief essay and other materials as outlined below.
Applications and all materials must be submitted by the deadline.
Applicants may be required to participate in an interview process.
Selection process will be completed and recipient notified in early May.
Materials to be provided to Scholarship Committee*
- letter of nomination/recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor ;
- one additional letter of recommendation from a teacher ;
- a personal letter from the applicant stating their future educational plans ;
- an official high school transcript including ACT or SAT scores ;
- an optional character reference letter ; and,
- a personal essay.
*All details can be found on scholarship application
Applications must be postmarked by March 24, 2017.
To donate to the Joliet Junior Woman’s Club Alisha and Ava Bromfield Memorial Community Scholarship, please send check payable to JJWC to P.O. Box 3632 Joliet, IL 60434 or donate via Paypal below: