2021 Scholarship Information
The Joliet Junior Woman’s Club Alisha and Ava Bromfield Memorial Community Scholarship honors a young woman who exemplifies volunteerism, strong character, and scholarship within her community.
- Demonstrate strong academic success with a minimum GPA equivalent of B or higher
- Be a Joliet resident and/OR attend a Joliet Township High School, Joliet Catholic Academy, Providence Catholic High School, or Minooka High School
- Demonstrate significant volunteer contributions to her community
- Demonstrate strong character
- Be able to easily express her personal philosophy or purpose as to why it is important to volunteer
- Be well-rounded
- Be in the process of applying to or already accepted to an accredited two or four-year college
- Submit a brief essay and other materials outlined below
- Applications and all materials must be emailed no later than May 14, 2020
- Applicants may be required to participate in an interview process
- Selection process will be completed and the recipient notified in May
Materials to be provided to Scholarship Committee
- Two letters of recommendation from a non-family member. (Examples include but are not limited to teacher, guidance counselor, mentor, volunteer supervisor.)
- A personal letter from the applicant stating her future educational plans
- A copy of transcript or report card from the Fall 2019 semester
- A personal essay
Questions may be directed to the JJWC Scholarship Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications and required materials must be emailed to the JJWC Scholarship Committee by May 14, 2020.
Letters of recommendation should include the applicant’s full name and should also be emailed to the JJWC Scholarship Committee by May 14, 2020.
To donate to the Joliet Junior Woman’s Club Alisha and Ava Bromfield Memorial Community Scholarship you can click on the button below or mail a check payable to JJWC
P.O. Box 3632
Joliet, IL 60434