2018 Scholarship Information
The Joliet Junior Woman’s Club Alisha and Ava Bromfield Memorial Community Scholarship honors a young woman who exemplifies volunteerism, strong character, and scholarship within her community.
- Demonstrate strong academic success with a minimum GPA equivalent of B or higher
- Demonstrate significant volunteer contributions to her community
- Demonstrate strong character
- Be able to easily express her personal philosophy or purpose as to why it is important to volunteer;
- Be well-rounded
- Be in the process of applying to or already accepted at an accredited two or four year college or university
- Submit a brief essay and other materials as outlined below.
- Applications and all materials must be submitted by the deadline
- Applicants may be required to participate in an interview process
- Selection process will be completed and recipient notified in early May
Materials to be provided to Scholarship Committee
- Letter of nomination/recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor
- One additional letter of recommendation from a teacher
- A personal letter from the applicant stating their future educational plans
- An official high school transcript including ACT or SAT scores
- An optional character reference letter
- A personal essay.
To donate to the Joliet Junior Woman’s Club Alisha and Ava Bromfield Memorial Community Scholarship you can click on the button below or mail a check payable to JJWC
P.O. Box 3632
Joliet, IL 60434