2022 Scholarship Information
The Joliet Junior Woman’s Club Alisha and Ava Bromfield Memorial Community Scholarship honors a young woman who exemplifies volunteerism, strong character, and scholarship within her community.
- Demonstrate strong academic success with a minimum GPA equivalent of B or higher
- Demonstrate significant volunteer contributions to her community
- Demonstrate strong character
- Be able to easily express her personal philosophy or purpose as to why it is important to volunteer
- Be well-rounded
- Be in the process of applying to or already accepted to an accredited two or four-year college or university; and,
- Submit a brief essay and other materials outlined below
- Applications and all materials must be postmarked no later than March 25th, 2022
- Applicants may be required to participate in an interview process
- Selection process will be completed and the recipient notified in late April
Materials to be provided to Scholarship Committee*
- Letter of nomination/recommendation from teacher or guidance counselor
- One additional letter of recommendation from a teacher
- A personal letter from the applicant stating her future educational plans
- An official high school transcript including ACT or SAT scores
- An optional character reference letter
- A personal essay
Questions may be directed to Chrissy Monaco, Scholarship Committee Chairwoman, at 815.791.8500 or via email at email@example.com
All applications and required materials must be
postmarked no later than March 25, 2022.
* All details can be found on the scholarship application.